Students for SOAR High School will be recruited from 8th-grade students in 30 regional middle schools and nine comprehensive high schools. The targeted population will consist of current 8th and 9th-grade students with one or more of the following characteristics:
- low socioeconomic status;
- first generation college-going youth;
- underrepresented students; and
- students under performing in the traditional setting who have the potential to be successful and to become productive citizens.
Criteria for Selection
- Completed application by family
- 8th grade report card – first and second progress report (Baseline – 2.00 GPA)
- Parent and student interview
- Prior educational experience (attendance, discipline, etc.)
- Recommendation from the middle school
- Reside within the Antelope Valley Unified
Mandatory parent informational meetings
All students and parents must attend one parent information meeting to qualify as an applicant to SOAR High School.
January 15, 2019 - Eastside High School Theater, 6:00 PM
January 17, 2019 - Highland High School Theater, 6:00 PM
January 22, 2019 - Antelope Valley College Cafeteria, 6:00 PM
Applications must be submitted no later than February 13th at 2:00 PM. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please be sure to review the application timeline with your student.
For more information please contact SOAR High School at (661) 722-6509.
2019-2020 SOAR Application Timeline
Mandatory Parent Informational Meetings
All students and parents must attend one Parent Information Meeting.
All meetings begin at 6:00 pm.
January 15, 2019 - Eastside High School Theater
January 17, 2019 - Highland High School Theater
January 22, 2019 - Antelope Valley College Cafeteria
|Applications due||Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:00 p.m.|
|Interview emails||February 28, 2019|
|Interviews||March 9 & 12, 2019|
|Final email||March 20, 2019|
|Packet pick-up||March 28-29, 2019|
|Registration (high school)||April 23 & 25, 2019|
|Dates are subject to change.|