August 10, 2020
Dear SOAR Families,
We hope this letter finds you and your children safe, healthy, and excited to start the new school year! As we begin the
school year in a full distance learning model, the SOAR Counseling Department will be mostly working remotely. We want
to assure you that we are here to support the academic, social/emotional, and college/career needs of your student during
this time. Over the past few months, we have collaborated with our SOAR faculty and staff to prepare information,
resources, and creative ways to stay connected with you this school year. The main purpose of this letter is to provide
information on the various ways that you and your student can connect with us, as well as participate in learning
opportunities via online platforms.
SOAR High School Counseling Department is available in the following ways:
- Virtual One-to-One Meetings using the Google Meet or Zoom virtual platform. Students, parents, and staff can schedule meetings with Mrs. Moya or Mrs. Chainey using the youcanbook.me links provided below.
- Via Email - students, parents, and staff can email their School Counselor directly using the email address provided below. Please allow 24 hours for a response M-F and up to 72 hours if your email is sent over the weekend.
- Via Phone or Text - students, parents, and staff can call or text our dedicated SOAR Counseling Office line at 661-235-5738.
- Request We Contact You - Ask for us to contact you using our Google Check-in request by visiting https://tinyurl.com/SOARcheck
- Additionally, your student has been enrolled in a grade-level Google Classroom where we will post “Monthly Bulletins” that address frequently asked questions (FAQs), provide resources, outlines weekly virtual office hours, and gives updates on policies and relevant changes to academic, college & career, and social & emotional subjects.
Please know your school counseling staff is ready, willing, and able to support students, families, and our community
during this unprecedented time. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Head Counselor, SOAR High School